Resources and links
On this page:
1. Useful documents on doing business in Ukraine
The following documents, available for download on our website, should help you in your orientation on the Ukrainian market. They contain practical advice on how to find a business partner, how to assess reliability, and the necessary rules and regulations that have to be taken into account.
2. Reports on doing business in Ukraine
Several companies have prepared extensive reports on doing business with Ukraine. These reports offer a practical overview on key aspects of the Ukrainian legal system and the regulation of business activities for companies operating in or considering their entry to the Ukrainian market.
- World Bank "Doing Business in Ukraine 2015"
- Baker & McKenzie Ukraine: “Conducting Business in Ukraine” (2015)
- Lavrynovych & Partners: Investor's Guide (2015)
- SigmaBleyzer Macroeconomic overview (2015)
Reports by Frishberg and Partners:
- Briefing papers on doing business in Ukraine, including topics such as import-export, property transactions, corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, and more.
Other practical information can be found through the following links:
3. Market access and customs regulations
As a starting point, the Market Access Database is a website of the European Commission that will provide you with information on import duties and tariffs, certifications, licensing, procedures and formalities, and statistics. The State Fiscal Service of Ukraine is available on this website and will help you determine regulations and tariffs in Ukraine, including customs regulations and duties. Please also take into account the requirements for certification when doing business with Ukraine.
Finally, lists of customs brokers in Ukraine are available in this file.
4. Trade fairs and exhibitions in Ukraine
There are many fairs and exhibitions being organized in Ukraine. The following websites may help you to determine which are of relevance to your company:
- Euroindex (organizes B2B trade shows)
- Acco International (organizer of exhibitions)
- KyivExpoPlaza (exhibition and congress center)
- Premier Expo (organizes exhibitions and conferences)
- International Exhibition Centre (biggest expo building in Ukraine)
- Kyiv International Contract Fair (organizes exhibitions)
5. International organizations
The following international organizations will provide you with useful information about Ukraine:
- World Bank
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
6. Ukrainian state authorities
When doing business in Ukraine or anywhere else, any company will at some point deal with governmental authorities. Some listed here below may be of special use to you:
- Governmental Portal
- Anti-Monopoly Committee
- State Property Fund
- State Fiscal Service of Ukraine
- National Bank of Ukraine
- State Statistics Committee
7. Other useful links
We also advise you to take a look at the following links:
- European Business Association
- American Chamber of Commerce
- Ukrainian Embassy in the Hague
- Exporters and importers of Ukraine
- Enterprises of Ukraine
- Ukrainian Chambers of Commerce
- Agency for investment and national projects in Ukraine
- General information on tender requirements
- AgriFood and Horticultural Sectors
Please also see;
- ISO Standards: The Netherlands Normalisation institute has prepared a useful document with an overview of all the ISO/TC's. For more information. contact Jeannette Leenders ( jeannette.Leenders@nen.nl).
8. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Any answers to the FAQ are available on this page.