Orange Carpet Visa Facility
The Embassy of The Netherlands in Kyiv can facilitate companies whose employees require business visas to travel to the Netherlands: The Orange Carpet Visa Facility (OCVF).
Employees of registered companies can apply in an easier way:
- The applicant has to apply for a visa in person.
- Exemption from carrying a confirmed flight reservation, hotel reservation or proof of financial means.
- The applicant will be granted a visa with a validity ranging between 6 months to 3 years, depnding on the travel history.
- Applications can be submitted at the Visa Application Centre in Kyiv every day at VAC from Monday – Friday between 08:30 – 15:30 hrs. If special attention or help with the visa request is required, the company is welcome to make an appointment with VAC.
The following are eligible for participation:
- Dutch companies that have a subsidiary in Ukraine or vice versa and whose employees travel frequently to The Netherlands for business purposes.
- A Ukrainian company having a long term business relationship with a company in The Netherlands.
- Please note that according to Schengen regulations your main destination in Europe determines which Embassy or Consulate should issue your visa. In other words only if the Netherlands is the main destination you should apply for a visa at the VAC, Netherlands department.
- Submit the preliminary form including a support letter of the Dutch company, in which background information about the company in Ukraine, the (financial) guarantee of the partner company in The Netherlands and the branch of activity is described. Both can be send to the consular department by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the company qualifies, the management of the company will receive a letter in which the company is requested to designate one to three persons of the company who have the authorization to sign recommendation letters. Thereafter, all visa applications which contain a letter signed by one of these designated signatories will get the Orange Carpet Visa Facility (OCVF) treatment.
How to apply for a visa under OCVF:
The authorized representative must submit the following:
- Filled in and signed visa application form.
- A passport valid longer than 3 months after the desired visa period and with at least two blank pages to insert the visa sticker.
- Previous international passport or copy of all its pages (if available).
- 1 Passport size photograph (recent & colored).
- A letter of the company, signed by one of the designated signatories.
- Travel insurance policy covering medical expenses including emergency hospital treatment and repatriation. The policy must provide cover for all Schengen countries, minimum cover Euro 30.000.
- Visa fee as applicable.
OCVF does not cover:
- If a person desires to stay longer than 90 days (long stay visa) within the Schengen area or The Netherlands for business purposes, the short term visa is not valid. For this purpose one has to apply for a permit for provisional sojourn (or MVV), which will be processed through the Embassy, but decided upon by the Immigration and Naturalisation Services (IND) of the Ministry of Justice in The Netherlands.
For more details pertaining to the MVV procedures please visit the website of the Ministry of Justice www.ind.nl.
- Family members or travellers accompanying the employee for tourism or other purposes; however the application with all the required documents for regular travelers can be submitted at the same time.